Tuesday 16 February 2016

If a Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words...

... I come bearing a video to remedy my recent absence!



Penne was only with me for a week, but you all know training is my favourite part of working with dogs. "Sit" is the only command she knew, so while she and I sheltered in the house from the sweltering temperature outside, I tried to teach her "Down". Not being very experienced with luring, I must have done something wrong because she kept raising her paws... so I went with it and it turned into this!

And yes, I am very pleased. It's turned out to be a real crowd-pleaser -- I showed it off to her family's kids when they returned, and now they are teaching her new tricks! That, to me, is the biggest success of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I'd love to hear them!