Monday 17 October 2016

A Notice: In Which There Is Some Exciting News, and A Request Made

Hey, friends.

A small part of the reason it's been quiet here lately is my practising Daniel Sieberg's Digital Diet, but the main reason is that I've just been trying to stay afloat!

Okay, things aren't that bad. Some weeks are pretty good! (But I won't be considering myself 'in recovery' from depression until most weeks are 'pretty good'.)

white and brown puppy sits on newspaper spread open
Reading paper newspapers is allowed during the digital diet.
But they do have other drawbacks.

A major takeaway from The Digital Diet is that it's okay to live your life without reporting on all of it, or comparing it to others. (I'm looking at you, Instagram.) So I'm not going to apologise for my absence.

But something major is happening -- I'm starting an 8-week intensive course on dog training through technical college! And not just any course, but a course run by two of Australia's leading dog trainers, Steve and Vicki Austin. It's only the beginning of my education in dog training, but I think it's a good start if ever I saw one.  I enrolled months ago, but thought I'd keep mum about it until it really happened.


Now, I don't exactly have a stellar track record of graduating classes (depression is a jerk).
So, yes, I'm terrified it might not work out (anxiety, that's your cue!).

But while I'm in, I'll keep you updated. I hope in turn you'll be here to follow along and keep me entertained with tales of your animal adventures. And knowing you're following will hopefully be one part of the raft keeping me afloat!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is great! Good luck with the training course (I've already read your most recent post so I actually know how it's going, but sending you luck and well-wishes anyway)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for the encouraging words Francesca, it really means a lot!

      Delete

Thoughts? I'd love to hear them!