Saturday 5 August 2017

The Story Progresses: Melon Has A Graduation

A week ago, something cool happened. I became an official instructor at the Hills dog obedience club!

Yes, I've been teaching there for a few months. But I'm a full obedience class instructor now, because I finished the training course. I had a graduation and everything!


Honestly, it felt a little weird because for the other graduates, graduation night was the culmination of a year of study and teaching experience. (Also, most grads being significantly older than me, it was a brave step back into the world of study for them.)

Whereas I joined the course half-way and made up the homework in a short amount of time. Yes, I did the reading and written work. But since that was done alone at the comfort of my desk, it doesn't quite feel the same as a shared adventure with my peers.

But I'm very glad to be part of the team, excited for the opportunity to contribute and very appreciative of the warm welcome. The club has a really dedicated group of volunteers who teach and organise and do everything else that needs to run an organisation -- and all to benefit the community. So I'm proud to be part of the team, and will have lots of teaching adventures to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I'd love to hear them!