Saturday 23 September 2017

A Visitor: Of the Baby Puppy Variety

It's puppy time!


Hello.

This is Coco. She's a 15 week old French bulldog staying with me this week.

She's teeny tiny -- or at least she seems that way to me, despite spending most of my days with Cavaliers. I guess it's easy to forget how little and babyish puppies are! 

Human, what is this?

It's early days, but I'm pretty sure we're going to get along. She's confident, which I love, and curious without being a pest. And we've had a couple of good games of tug-of-war. Stay tuned for video!

She wasn't a fan of being put in the laundry for a nap (puppy alone training: starting above threshold -- oops) but has settled into having her pen in our main living area. From there she is now happy for us to leave and return. She had a good sleep in her crate last night, too. 

Coco likes to explore the yard, and frequently engages in what I'm fairly sure is scent marking. Has anyone else seen scent marking from such a young dog?

Otherwise, we are having fun. It can be tiring to keep up with puppy routines, but I'm looking forward to showing Coco the big wide world, which is always my favourite thing to do with puppies.

And, like all puppies, she sleeps like an angel.

Zzz.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. I would have a hard time giving that cutie back to the owners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Blueberry's human, it's wonderful to hear from you again! And hehe - the wonderful thing about my job is that there's always another one, and variety too!

      Delete

Thoughts? I'd love to hear them!